The City Palace, is located in Udaipur India, Rajasthan. The City Palace was constructed by the then Maharana Udai Singh. As at present the City Palace Udaipur is one of the major tourist attractions in the city of Udaipur. Initial construction of the City Palace Udaipur was done in 1559. Over the subsequent years numerous additions have taken place to the City Palace. The city Palace is in fact a collection of many other palaces built by the various residents of the palace. The City Palace in Udaipur resides on the eastern banks of the Lake Pichola. From the magnificent balconies of the City Palace one can gaze and gain a panoramic view of the world renowned Lake Palace or the “Jag Niwas” as it is called. One can also gain a view of the Udaipur city and on another side the Jag Mandir.
The major entrance point to the City Palace Udaipur is through a triple arched gate, the gate is given the name Tripolia. The Tripolia at the City Palace in Udaipur was built in the year 1725. From here one can gain access to the courtyards, the terraces, the gardens and corridors. The vivid glass mosaic decorations on the walls of the Mor-Chowk give it the name Peacock courtyard. At the Bhin Vilas one can see depictions of the Hindu god Krishna.
Some of the other palaces include the Dilkhush mahal, Moti mahal and Sheesh mahal. The Krishna vilas was made in remembrance of a beautiful princess who tried to stop a battle between adversary princes for her hand by poisoning herself.